Mushlin & Vantrease, Louisville Personal Injury Lawyers and Kentucky Criminal Defense Law Firm
This is An Advertisement

Bus shooting suspect enters not-guilty plea

August 14, 2012 – By Jason Riley – The Courier-Journal

One of two men accused in the July 23 shooting death of a 17-year-old on a TARC bus has pleaded not guilty in Jefferson Circuit Court.

Jeffrey Kingdon, 22, was caught last week in Indianapolis. He and Martin Keehn Jr., 20, were indicted on charges of complicity to murder, complicity to first-degree wanton endangerment and complicity to first-degree tampering with physical evidence.

Keehn is being held in Indiana and was not at the arraignment. Michael Ferraraccio, an attorney who has represented Keehn in unrelated cases, said it is unclear when he will be brought to Jefferson County and arraigned.

Kingdon’s attorney, Ryan Vantrease, said after the hearing that he has not yet received any evidence from prosecutors.

“We are eagerly awaiting that,” Vantrease said, declining to talk about specifics of the case. Kingdon’s next hearing is set for Sept. 26.

Kingdon’s bond is $500,000 cash but Vantrease said he would ask that the bond be lowered in the next few weeks.

Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney Kristi Gray said it would be about three weeks before evidence in the case is filed in court records. She declined to talk about specifics of the case.

Police allege that Kingdon and Keehn boarded a TARC bus at Bardstown Road and Goldsmith Lane and fatally shot Rico Cortez Robinson Jr.

Robinson died at the scene.

Share This Page:
Sundown Marketing

© 2014 - 2017 Mushlin & Vantrease, Attorneys at Law. All rights reserved.
This is a Sundown Legal Marketing law firm website.